On this occasion, we bring you a simple and original idea to put order and, at the same time, organize your kitchen. Indeed, it will give it a very beautiful and unique rustic air. It is a handmade cutlery holder with tea towels. With few materials and without too many complications, you will be able to organize the cutlery. Do not miss it!
Handmade cutlery holder with tea towels
The materials you need to make this cutlery holder are few and easy to find. Surely you already have most of them. In any case, even if the crafts are not your specialty, making these cutlery holders will not be too difficult.
- Wooden kitchen tables
- A large stapler
- Tea towels
- Strips of fabric with color matching the dishcloth
- First, open one of the tea towels and place the wooden table on top. What we are going to do is cut the cloths according to the size of the tables. However, you should not cut only the outline of the board, but you should leave some more cloth (about two fingers) on the right, left and bottom to then make ahem. At the top, cut below the hole in the table handle.
- Next, make a hem with the fabric that protrudes from the table and place the cloth on the table so that it covers it. What you should do is create a kind of pocket by stapling the three ends of the cloth with hem. To do this, staple these parts on the wood, except for the top, of course.
- Depending on how heavy the cutlery will be, you will have to put more or fewer staples. At the end of the day, these are the ones that are going to keep the cloth when the silverware is resting on it inside the pocket. Therefore, make sure they support the weight.
- Then, once the cloth is well fixed to the table and you have a pocket, you can proceed to decorate it. The objective is, mainly, that the staples are not seen. To do this, take one of the strips of fabric you have chosen and paste them along the hems of the right, left and bottom edges. You will get a touch of color to match the cloth, and avoid seeing the unsightly staples.
- Finally, wait until the tail has dried well and placed the cutlery.
Of course, the idea now is that you get a nice wall hanger for the kitchen and hang the tables on it by its handle so that the cutlery is always at hand in a visible place. On the other hand, we recommend following the following recommendations so that you fall in love even more with your covered porta:
- Do not place the cutlery holders near where there is going to be grease or dirt that could splash them. Indeed, if you place them where the grease from the kitchen can reach them, not only will your cutlery get dirty, but so will the cloth.
- Make a cutlery holder for each type of cutlery you have. Thus, the idea is to make one for the spoons, another for the forks, another for the cutlery for dessert, etc. However, this is up to you, you may prefer to place other types of utensils in the original pockets.
- Always choose clothes that match the rest of the colors in your kitchen.
- Also, the idea is that you find kitchen tables whose wood has a color that fits well with the rest of the furniture and elements.
- If you have a set of tea towels with the same pattern but of a different color, making several covers covered with tea towels with those different colors will give even more originality and color. Why not?
In short, with simple, original and economic ideas you can achieve two basic objectives for any kitchen. On the one hand, you will have a more organized and tidy kitchen; on the other hand, you will see the style you like most with an original craft made by yourself.