Are you looking for solutions to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals? You can do it easily with some tips based on natural ingredients such as talc, clay, baking soda or essential oils.
The sandals are a nice and comfortable footwear that allows us to have fresh feet in hot weather. However, although the openings allow us to have our feet ventilated, the heat can also cause excess moisture and odor.
Solutions to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals
The combination of some materials from our sandals along with sweat and foot bacteria results in a bad smell. If we do not remedy it, that smell does not disappear and becomes very evident when carrying part of the bare feet.
However, there are some homemade solutions that can help us reduce or eliminate this problem. We should only use them when we take off our sandals and, when we will wear them again, they will be perfect.
1. White clay and essential oils
White clay is a natural product with the ability to absorb l as toxins . This makes it an excellent solution at the topical and oral level (provided it is a clay for this purpose). In addition, its similarity with talcum powder facilitates its application.
Today we can find clay in herbalists, pharmacies and natural products stores. In addition, we can add some essential oils to give it a specific aroma. For example, we recommend lavender, rosemary or lemon.
- We only have to apply a little of this mixture on the sole of the sandals when we take them off at night.
- In addition, we can also apply the clay on the sole of the foot just when we are going to use them.
- With this clay we can also do foot treatments , just as we would do on our face. In this way we help eliminate toxins through the skin and fight the bad smell of roots.
2. Tea bags with mint
Do you usually drink tea, peppermint tea or similar? You should know that if you let dry the bags already used, you will have at your disposal a simple and economical natural environment deodorant. These little bags can be used for the fridge, cupboards, the car or … your sandals.
- When you have had your tea, let the tea bag dry.
- We recommend that, to enhance a pleasant aroma, impregnate them with a few drops of peppermint essential oil . As they lose the smell, you can add more.
3. Baking soda with oils and citrus peel
One of the oldest remedies to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals and any footwear is baking soda . This absorbent, fungicidal and alkalizing product helps us solve many situations in the home.
In this case we propose to combine it with other ingredients that we do not usually take advantage of: citrus peels. These are rich in natural essences and give a delicious smell that we relate to cleanliness and freshness.
- Peel different citrus fruits (lemon, orange, tangerine or grapefruit) to thin strips and put them in a jar with baking soda.
- We recommend not to chop them too much for comfort after using this mixture.
- Let the bicarbonate impregnate for a few days.
- Put a little on the sole of the sandals overnight to absorb the bad smell.
Other tips to eliminate the bad smell of sandals
- Try to leave the footwear in a rather airy and dry area, especially the one that tends to present bad smells.
- Choose sandals made of natural materials and have a good perspiration.
- If you suspect you may have a foot infection, visit your podiatrist.
- The diet also influences the smell of our body . Increase the consumption of raw fruits and vegetables and drink at least two liters of water throughout the day.
As you have read in this article, eliminating the bad smell of your sandals is possible. You just have to use the solutions that we propose and follow these final tips. Try it and take off that complex!